Who we are
- EcFlight me INC is a team of passionate pilots that has come together to work on an exciting mission: to provide a user-friendly platform to help fellow students master aviation concepts. Headquarter in Miami, Fl.
- Our website address is: https://myecflight.com
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the site.
- If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. This option is for your convenience to avoid submitting your information again when needing to leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me,” your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after one day.
Embedded content from other websites
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the same way as if the visitor has visited the other sites.
How long we retain your data
- We generally discard information about you when it’s no longer needed for the purposes for which we collect and use is — described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information — and we’re not legally required to keep it.
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
- If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal information we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. However, this does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Your contact information
- We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a myecflight.com account to provide an email address and password, along with a username or name — and that’s it. You may provide us with more information — like your address and other information you want to share — but we don’t require that information to create a myecflight.com account.
- Public profile information: If you have an account with us, we collect the information that you provide for your public profile. For example, if you have a myecflight.com account, your username is part of that public profile, along with any other information you put into your public profile, like a photo or an “About Me” description. Your public profile information is just that — public — so please keep that in mind when deciding what information you would like to include.
- Payment and contact information: If you buy something from us or earn revenue through your site, we’ll collect information to process those payments and contact you. If you buy something from us — a subscription to a myecflight.com plan, a course, tutoring, — or if you pay fees to a person or business through their myecflight.com site (for example via Recurring Payments or Simple Payments), you’ll provide additional personal and payment information like your name, credit card information, and contact information. We also keep a record of the purchases you’ve made. If you use our e-commerce Services (including Store on WordPress.com, the WooCommerce Services Extension, and WooCommerce Payments), you’ll have to create a myecflight.com account or connect an existing account and, for some Services, provide your site URL. You may also provide us with financial details to set up a payment integration, like the email address for your Stripe or PayPal account or your bank account information. If you participate in a revenue-sharing opportunity for your site, like WordAds, you’ll provide some additional information — for example, a tax ID or other identifier so we can process payments to you.
How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services. For example, to set up and maintain your account, host your website, backup and restore your website, provide customer service, process payments, and orders, and verify user information.
- To ensure quality, maintain safety, and improve our Services. For example, by providing automatic upgrades and new versions of our Services. Or, for example, by monitoring and analyzing how users interact with our Services so we can create new features that we think our users will enjoy and that will help them create and manage websites more efficiently or make our Services easier to use.
- To place and manage ads in our advertising program. For example, to place ads on our users’ sites and some of our own sites as part of our advertising program, and understand ad performance.
- To protect our Services, our users, and the public. For example, by detecting security incidents; detecting and protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; fighting spam; complying with our legal obligations; and protecting the rights and property of Automattic and others, which may result in us, for example, declining a transaction or terminating Services.
- To fix problems with our Services. For example, by monitoring, debugging, repairing, and preventing issues.
- To customize the user experience. For example, to personalize your experience by serving you relevant notifications and advertisements for our Services, recommending content through our Reader post suggestions, and providing new essays and stories through Longreads for your reading pleasure.
- To communicate with you. For example, by emailing you to ask for your feedback, share tips for getting the most out of our products, or keep you up to date on Automattic; texting you to verify your payment, or calling you to share offers and promotions that we think will be of interest to you. If you don’t want to hear from us, you can opt-out of marketing communications at any time. (If you opt-out, we’ll still send you important updates relating to your account.)
- To recruit and hire a new team member For example, by evaluating job applicants and communicating with them.
How we protect your data
What third parties we receive data from
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
- EcFlight is an LMS (Learning Management System) running on Moodle (an open-source software) that is currently not approved by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The software is intended to be used as a training tool and not as a replacement for any training or manual approved by the FAA. All source materials for the Software are derived FAA manuals and other sources.